Thursday, September 8, 2011

Connor: Blog Of The Day

It started out like any other day.  I was traveling along toward the castle from my previous adventure.  I had taken off my helm as I approached the castle.  It was punderful that the king was there waiting with a bunch of maids and servants all there to celebrate my success over the monster that had been attacking the kingdom for years.  I walked toward the king, helm in one hand shield in the other.  He said "Good to see you haven't lost your head."

I laughed and replied "Although the monster found it tough to get aHEAD in this world."  I walked toward the armory.  Once there I took off the armor and changed into my regular clothes.  I soon walked toward the road through town, due to the fact that the king invited me.  There I sat in the crowd as I watched a parade in my honor go by.  I had no idea I was about to get a free shower from a couple village kids.  They pushed barrels of water and ended up soaking my outfit.  Everyone laughed at me, I laughed myself as well.  It was very well thought out.

"Looks like our hero's all washed up." said the King chuckling as he did.  I looked at him with joy and told him the water was an brilliant touch.  Our king had quite the sense of humor.  We never knew when he would tell another joke or pun.  A very important law in the kingdom was that if we talk to the king we must speak in pun or rhyme or joke.  Those who failed to make the king laugh through play on words would be sent back home.  The people who knew the best puns were either made jesters or knights.  I had been given a choice as a young lad by the king himself.  I had decided to become a knight because of the adventures.  The laws of this kingdom were jest perfect.

I had once seen the king dealing with a thief problem.  He had the thief tied up and offered a choice between becoming a spy or punishment.  The thief had responded "I will not spy for you ever.  Give me the worst punishment you can think of."  He didn't understand that he was agreeing to be pun-ished severely.  In the kingdom if you commit a terrible act you must listen to the puns of those who aren't good at puns.  I feel sorry for the thief, he chose the worst choice possible.  He was sentenced to death by bad pun for thievery and lack of making the king laugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment