Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Connor: History's Diaries

May 10, 1773

Dear Diary,

Today the tax on tea was raised.  Here in Boston not many of us are willing to stand for it.  I hath a plan to rid us of the unfairly high tax.  Tar and feather will not do as a punishment.  I will convince my fellow Bostonians to assist me in getting rid of the tea tax.  How will I rid us of the tea tax?! I shalt throw the overpriced tea into the harbor where it will no longer be our problem.

December 16, 1773

Dear Diary,

I have not written to you in a while.  Tonight we destroyed the tea.  It was quite easy, but now because of me the ships probably won't be leaving.  As a matter of fact, King George III is probably going to send more ships and soldiers to keep us in check.  If that's how it is going to play out I'm not going down without a fight.  Signed
Samuel Adams

April 18, 1775

Dear Diary,

As of the time of writing Paul Revere woke me up a while ago.  I am going to head off soon to meet with General Washington.  I must  hurry if I don't.  The colonies may be in trouble.  If I don't write again it is because I need to fight instead of write.  The pen may be stronger than the sword, but it is not stronger than a musket.

July 4, 1776

Dear Diary,

After a year long war we are free.  We will no longer have a king or follow the rules of a tyrant.  The Declaration of Independence says that we are free men, women, and children.  It says all men are created equal.  Also the slaves should be freed next century and the slave trade will stop then as well.  We are a free country and as such it is cause for celebration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment