Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Connor: Doom- Chapter 1- Me

Doom
Chapter 1
Me 

I don't remember much, I didn't know who I was, where I was or what time it was.  All I remember is being stranded on a raft in the middle of a river wearing some kind of armor.  I looked at my foot and noticed an arrow stuck above my ankle yet not in my heel, I think it was stuck in my tendon.  Like I said I don't remember much of my life up to this point, but I do recall a battle or war even.  I don't remember my religion at all and yet I am sure it had multiple deities.  Here I was upstream without a paddle literally.  I looked at the water, but it didn't seem like the kind you'd want to swim in or drink as a matter of fact, it was purple.  My past unknown, my future looked bleak and some fellow suddenly joined me aboard the raft.  He was a short man and looked rather rude "You got business with the ruler of the underworld?" he asked in a rough voice.  "What are you talking about?" I asked
"You heard me, do you need to see master Hades?"  The name Hades rung a bell as if it belonged to one of the deities I worshiped in my past.  Suddenly the man didn't look to happy, probably because I didn't respond.  "You one of them war heroes?" he asked studying my foot.  "I guess so sir."  was my reply. "Trojan or Greek?" the strange man inquired.  The word Greek seemed familiar to me so did Trojan, then a memory rushed back to me.  I was standing on an island somewhere in the Aegean sea.  I decided that meant I was Greek, but what war could I have been part of what? What was this river? Was I dead?  The answer to question three was- Hades, yes.  I tried to get the short guy to tell me the name of the river. His reply was "The Styx, what's it to ya?"  I glanced around and noticed a face I remembered gazing back at me.  It was the face of a man who was big and tough. He walked towards me.  The short dude said "Unknown guy, this is Hector. Hector this is Unknown guy."  Hector must not have been very bright because he said "Me know him. He kill me." Way I saw, it I was doomed.

1 comments:

Nana

You have peaked my interest. I love your style of writing. You make me want to read more...can't wait for you to post the next installment. Good Job!!!

Post a Comment