Friday, July 9, 2010

Avery: Blog Of The Day

Mr. Stretch
By Avery

Hi! I'm Joe  Jones and I want to tell about my powers! It all started when I woke  up one day (FLASHBACK!) I was walking into the kitchen to get some coffee when I suddenly stretched my arm all the way over the sink while I was standing at the kitchen door. I pulled my arm back and ran to the living room. I tried to use my power again. It worked! I started to grab things. First I got the coffee ready as I sat in my chair. Then I got my box of chocolate covered donuts out of the pantry. Next I got my phone and called my friend Jerry.
     "Hello?", asked Jerry.
     "Hey! It's me... Joe!", I yelled into the phone.
     " Why are you yelling into the phone? Did I miss your birthday again? How old did you turn... thirty-two?"
     " NO! It is not my birthday and I am not thirty- two. I am twenty-eight!", I tried to stay calm.
     " What is it?", he mumbled.
     " I have powers... you know... like super man."
     " You can fly?"
     " No."
     " Okay... do you have lazer eyes?"
     " No."
     " Is your weakness Canaanite?"
     " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I CAN STRETCH MY RIGHT ARM REALLY, REALLY FAR!", I screamed at the top of my lungs.
     " Cool... But that doesn't mean you have powers like super man. You are more like Mr. Fantastic."
     " What ever! Just come to my house now... oh on your way here can you pick up Jen?"
     " Sure. I'll do anything for a super hero."
     " I'm not a super...", he hung up on me.
     I ran to the kitchen and got out some chips, dip and coke (I was using my awesome hand.) I walk to my bedroom and got dressed in this costume I got last week from my Mom. It was blue and pink. I was amazing! It was hard to get on the pink pants... well it was really hard get on all of the costume! I heard the doorbell ring rapidly. I KNEW that it was Jen and Jerry. I ran into the living room and sat in a chair. I stretched my arm to the door and opened it. I shook Jerry's hand, still sitting in the chair. I pulled my hand back and waited for them to see me. I heard the door shut. I grabbed Jen's hand with mine and pulled her to the living room. Next I pulled Jerry. Jen's jaw dropped and her eyes were wide. Jerry sat down  on the couch and started talking.
     " Wow! That is so cool."
     " YEAH!", yelled Jen.
     " Thanks... I don't know how it happened but I did master the power. I was hoping I could save the world in 2012."
     "  You know you won't be able to save the world at all! That is not possible. You will need more powers than just a stretchy hand to save everyone.", said Jen with a frown.
     " Yeah... Joe... you will need some help you know. Maybe Jen and I could help a little bit. You could give us powers."
     " No Jerry. I can't give people powers. I don't even know how I got mine!"
     " My friend knows some spells that can help.", said Jen
     " No! You can not help at all!"
     " Why?", Jerry complained
     " Because I said no!", my arm went across the room and slapped Jerry.
     " OUCH! That hurts! Why the heck did you do that?!"
     " Joe! You shouldn't slap people! You're twenty-eight!", yelled Jen at the top of her lungs.
     Jen and Jerry went outside and drove to their houses. I went upstairs and took off the costume and put on some new clothes. I went down stairs and called Lilly.
     " Hello?", asked Lilly.
     " Come home right now... I need to talk to you.", I said.
     " Dad? Is that you?"
     " Yes it is. I need you to come home."
 I hung up on her and went outside and waited in the car. When she got her she walked up to the door not knowing I was in the car. When she opened the door I honked the horn and she freaked out. She got in the car and I drove to the police station. I told the cops about my power and showed them how it worked. They made me join the army and I was super excited.

So, that is the story of when I got my power!
THE END
These are the pieces to Joe's costume!

1 comments:

Nana

That is some kind of costume...very cool. This was a very fun story to read...you did a very good job.

Post a Comment