Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Daddio: Bowling Update

I haven't bowled in a while and yesterday evening when I told Mommio that I went over lunch yesterday, she was shocked and disappointed that I hadn't blogged about my triumphant return to the Art of Ten Pins.  At first I was hurt by the fact that she apparently didn't care that I had already blogged yesterday about the awesome new novel that I'm writing, but then I realized that she's right.  Bowling is important.

Yesterday I started strong and felt comfortable.  I bowled a 134, which is really good for me lately, especially considering how little I've bowled.  Then in the second game, everything fell apart.  Maybe I was tired.  Maybe I lost my concentration.  Maybe it was the fact that kids started bowling with bumpers on both sides of me.  Anyway, I ended up bowling a terrible 82.  But hey!  I remember when I'd bowl in the 50s and 60s, so when a "terrible" day is an 82, that's not so bad.

I went over lunch again today and did better. Today there was a senior's league at our usual spot, the Interstate Lanes, so instead we bowled at the fancy shmancy Mel's in Georgetown.  I got a 129 and a 105.  I felt comfortable today, but was getting tired and losing my concentration in the second game.  But overall, I'm really happy.

That's the bowling update!

1 comments:

Mommio

Thanks Daddio!

Post a Comment