Friday, July 9, 2010

Connor: Blog Of The Day

The Wrath of The Gods
By Connor
One fine summer day in this wonderful 300th century B.C.E. I was working in my garden near the temple of Thor. I did not realize that my adventure was soon to begin.  As I walked to the temple to pray to Thor and Odin the figure of a man wearing only green robes called to me "Fredrick" the man said in a harsh voice "Why doth thou pray only to Thor, Odin and the rest why never to me?"  I recognized the speaker at that moment, his identity was Loki, God of Chaos.  "Well sir you are a ruthless, demented, and quite evil deity." said I. Loki looked dumbfounded "Why thank you for those nice compliments, Fredrick come to my temple asap and bring an offering or sacrifice."   I was upset at myself for having spoken with Loki instead of with the good gods.  I looked for a sacrifice, but all I could find was a bunny rabbit that always ate crops from my garden so I picked up the furry critter and set off to the temple of Loki.  When I got there Loki shouted up to the clouds "Look brother, one of your mortal minions has come to give me a sacrifice, a poor little bunny rabbit!"  Suddenly, as soon as I noticed Loki's eyes watching me I took out a knife and killed the rabbit.  I stood there helplessly as a hand removed me from the temple. I saw the other hand close behind with a hammer in it.  I heard a loud voice from out of nowhere. "No! Thor you can't use the mallet I gave you for killing mortals, it would make you just as bad as him."  I cringed partly in horror, partly in shame. As I did so I said "Yes mighty Odin and great Thor, I did a terrible thing, but that's what happens when you trust Loki.   I am sorry. I let Loki fool me into giving him a sacrifice. Can either of you forgive me please?"  Suddenly I saw Thor's face looking at me almost regretting what he was about to say "I am sorry, but you sacrificed a bunny rabbit to Loki and he is now turning that poor creature into a monster."  Odin decided to finish the sentence Thor started  and said "You shall not be forgiven for what you have done. I, the great and powerful King Odin, sentence you to Nifl Heim."
The End

1 comments:

Nana

What is Nifl Heim? Scary story...you write very scary stories. I like to read what you write...good job.

Post a Comment