Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Marney: Weekly Blog Post #1

Women's Swimming 
     The women's swimming Olympics is through July 28 and August 4.  Then they have a marathon on August 9. The swimming in the Olympics is going to be at the Aquatics Centre.  The Aquatics Centre  has a wave like roof because it is where the you can swim and dive if you want to be in the Olympics.  The building has a 50 meter pool and was built in July 27, 2011.  The Aquatics Centre is in London for the London 2012 Olympics. 
     The women's swimming teams have not yet been decided for the London Olympics.  Also there are these two girls that are tied in 3rd place and they can not figure out who will be going to the Olympics. 
     The first official gold medal tie in swimming history was when two girls in Los Angeles tied in 1984.  Their names were Nancy Hogshead and Carrie Steinseifer.  Some people won the Olympics because they were under water for such a long time.  
      I like the swimming Olympics because I swim on a swim team now and I can see new moves that I have not learned.  I also like swimming because it looks funny when you do a bunch of strokes but I think that I see when they breathe and it makes me better at swimming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment