Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Avery: Weekly Blog #1

        My Olympic sport I chose was "Trampolining".  It is going to take place at the North Greenwich Arena (The O2), in London.  The Woman's Trampolining will take place on August 4th.  And because I thought it would be fun, here are the times for the compition and the finals (in London time).  The "Trampoline Qualifications" will be from 14:00-15:30, and the finals will be from 15:30-16:00.
       Trampolining isn't a new sport itself, but it is very new to the Olympics.  The sport of trampolining was introduced to the Olympics in the year of 2000; making it one of the newest.  The last three golden medals were given to Wenna He, Anna Dogonadze, and Irina Karavaeva.  There were only two people who got the silver medals.  And that would be Karen Cockburn and Oksana Tsyhuleva.

       After the big success in the tryouts, there are going to be 36 people competing in the Woman's Trampoline.  There are even some competing at the age of 16.  If you ask me, I'd say that is pretty young to be in the Olympics.  Not that there is anything wrong with it.
       I chose this sport because when I used to do gymnastics, the trampoline was my most favorite thing there.  I learned flips, jumps, and a few simple tricks too.  I like to see people flipping around, doing stunts, and things like that.  I wish I could do that stuff.  There are people that do synchronized trampoline.  It is when you (and your partner) have to do flips, jumps, tricks, etc. and try to do them at the same exact time.  That is what I would like to see at the Olympics this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment