Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mommio: Grand Caytion- Day 1.7

We're here!  Well, not at the Grand Canyon- but we did make it to our pit stop for the night at the La Quinta in Albuquerque, New Mexico. 
And we got here at a really reasonable 4:30. We made great time even with the million bathroom stops.  Early enough for me to make a quick run to the grocery store and get myself acquainted with what I assume is the "bad part of town".  Something we just don't have at home.  The extremely heavy police presence in the grocery parking lot didn't really make me feel any better.  I didn't have the camera with me- probably a good thing.  Anyway, I made it back in one piece and we all had our dinner at the hotel (which is just far enough away from the store to be in a decent part of town).
We are all thrilled to be here after a long day in the car, and that's good because there is a slight change in plans.  There's a wind alert for travel on I-40 tomorrow and thunderstorms/snow at night expected at the Grand Canyon.  So we are going to spend an extra night here in Albuquerque and hit the road again on Monday- when it is supposed to be sunny and 55 at the campsite. Not to worry, I have already found some fun and free things to do tomorrow. We'll be heading to the Balloon Museum (hot air balloons) and the the Art and History Museum.  So there will be plenty of fun tomorrow and a nice break from the car!

1 comments:

Popo

Critter Report by Popo:
All critters are alive and well on day two. Except the cat's on the roof and we can't get her down. I am glad Nana and all you kids are doing well. Sounds like you are going to enjoy your extra day in Albuquerque. And keep those restroom reports rolling in. Hmmmm! Wonder how that's gonna be at the Grand Canyon.
Love you all. Popo

Post a Comment