Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Daddio: Grand Caytion- Day 3.4 & 4

While the winds are blowing in the right direction, and I still have a cell signal here at the camp site, I'll post up a quick post.  If the signal stays strong enough, I'll try to upload pictures.  It's just that the signal is weak here, so I don't know how long we'll have it.

Yesterday we got into camp and the campsites are awesome.  Before setting up camp, we went to the main overlook of the Grand Canyon at the visitors' center and saw the Grand Canyon.  It was absolutely breathtaking.  Words and pictures can't describe it.  Then we set up camp and settled in.  It was bitterly cold this morning and I woke up at 4 am to make a fire.  We warmed up and ate breakfast, then spent most of the day taking the free shuttle to the different overlooks along the southern rim.  We did a bunch of hiking and some some truly amazing views of the Grand Canyon.  Now we're back at camp and getting ready for dinner (pizza on the campfire).  I'll post up pictures later, if I can.

1 comments:

Anonymous

How did the smoke roasted pizza turn out? - Jim Cerha

Post a Comment