Friday, November 26, 2010

Daddio: Happy Thanksgiving!



It's almost 1 am on the night of Thanksgiving.  We're in the middle of a family sleepover, but only Connor, Mason, Gabe and I are awake.  We had a truly great day today.  We went to the theaters and saw Tangled in 3D.  It was a cute, funny and really entertaining Disney movie that reminded me of their recent "classics" like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.  More exciting was that we all went to the theater.  It was Jack's first movie ever, and he loved it.  All the kids were so well-behaved and hypnotized by the movie.  It was great fun.

We did a bunch of other stuff-- we had our feast of finger foods; watched family movie (Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe); played games (Pictionary, Bingo and Uno Attack); and played the Wii.  Now we're seeing how late we can stay up.  While the boys are playing computer and video games, I'm doing some final edits to my book.

It was a great Thanksgiving.  Of course I'm thankful for all the Toes, but I'm most thankful for Mommio for turning our disappointment on having camping get rained out into the best Thanksgiving ever.  We love you, Mommio.

0 comments:

Post a Comment