Thursday, July 28, 2011

Connor: Blog Of The Day

The Ghost Town
By Connor M. Jones

As I stood upon the sand I pondered what could have ruined the town in which I was.  It felt as though I knew the place, yet never saw it.  It was barren and unlike how it seemed in my head.  Betwixt the mounds of sand one could still vaguely see a sidewalk and houses.  I searched the entire place for what I was there to seek.  Finally upon the sand, a shimmering gem, I had found the item I wanted.  But, alas, I couldn't take it.  It had belonged to someone else, like the souls of those who had once inhabited the place, it wasn't to be taken by an average being.  However I was not average, but rather abnormal.  I bent down to pick it up again.  My skeletal fingers grasping nothing but sand.  The treasure was in fact easy for someone more experienced in my line of work to pick up.  I, on the contrary was not exactly new to this at all, yet what I was grasping for kept avoiding me.  I reached into the sack on my back and brought out a weapon.  I slashed downward and the sharp end snagged onto what I could not grab.  I looked and realized that this was a training ground.  I wandered away with the gem in my hand, gazing into it.  Inside I saw what appeared to be a human and laughed as I noticed that it was a soul of the living.  Well it wasn't anymore, instead it was the valuable item I took for my master.  Once I returned to my master he said "Thanatos, you have done well.  Another soul  for the underworld and another person for me to put up with."  I left in search of a rotten king.  His time had come and yet I was sure this next mission would be the most difficult one yet.  The End

0 comments:

Post a Comment