Monday, June 4, 2012

Connor: Weekly Blog #1

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
             I enjoyed the vacation we took this summer and everything we did.  I loved to sea all the beautiful animals and hear the sounds of the ocean, as well as spending time with you.  We all saw a list of cool animals together.  It included marine life from the anemone to the seahorse.  We saw photos of dolphins, in one place all arranged on a wall.  We brought a jellyfish up to the beach house to study it and then left it on a dune, where it died.  There were turtles galore, among other interesting aquatic wildlife, like the octopus.  Until this trip I didn't know that octopuses can't hear, which was an interesting fact.  I also was unaware that only one type of turtle, the green sea turtle, can live for a century and a half, I thought all turtles could!
     We went to three wonderful small museums and one large one.  We saw what a nineteenth century general store looked like back in the days when it was open.  We saw artifacts from ill-fated Spanish ships that ended up washing onto South Padre.  We wandered around a not very enlightening  lighthouse museum, I could only imagine what a heavy house museum might have looked like.  We walked through a gargantuan bird center, which I never thought would also be a museum.  We watched a documentary on the birds and fish that can be found in the Laguna Bay, and even a few gators.  We studied the cannons at the shipwreck museum and I learned how it would have been loaded and fired.  You even taught me the Spanish word for pomegranate which is the same as the name of a Spanish city.  In short, I had a lot of fun on this trip, thank you both for being such awesome grandparents.
Signed,
Connor M. Jones

0 comments:

Post a Comment