Monday, June 18, 2012

6/18/12- Weekly Blog #2

This morning Jack, Max, Kiki and I had "school" in the garden while we harvested vegetables.  


As homeschoolers almost everything we do is "school" because we are always learning new things and having new experiences.  Today I want you to tell me a little bit about school in the garden. Why do I consider spending some time in the garden "school"?  What have you learned from gardening over the last few years that you will be able to use the rest of your life?  Do you think there are some things that you would never learn about if you didn't have the experience of gardening? Do you think it is easier to learn about new things by doing them or by reading about them?

1 comments:

Deanna

Can I also ask them how everyone likes to eat the veggies? Because we are overflowing with tomatoes and non of mine will eat them - well, Trey will sliced on sandwiches but no one else (not even me- except in salsa).
We are making and freezing salsa every night and I froze some basil ice cubes.
Also, want some seeds for a mild green fall squash? My dad always called it Upo (sp?) in Tagalog but I have seen it as Italian Squash at HEB. It does good here but not till after the summer heat.

Post a Comment