Monday, February 20, 2012

Daddio: 2/20/12 Weekly Blog Post 1

The penny!  I piece of metal stamped out by our government that's worth exactly one cent.  If you have any trouble remembering what a real penny looks like (instead of the "kissing lincolns" penny pictured above), you can go look in my car and find handfuls of them under the floor mats and in my console.  Some people believe that we shouldn't bother making pennies any more.  But I won't get into the details of it, because that's what I want you to investigate for this blog post.  Go read this opinion article on CNN.com for one person's thoughts about the value of pennies.  Then I want you to: (1) write about what the author's thoughts are on the penny; (2) write about what you think about whether we should continue minting pennies; and then (3) what you think about other printed money like nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar bills.

You should use google and other sources to do additional research if you want.

0 comments:

Post a Comment