Thursday, March 18, 2010

Connor: Blog Of The Day

This month I've watched, or listened to, four different versions of Alice In Wonderland.  There were many things that were the same in all four versions.  The book and the movies I have seen both have Alice go down a rabbit hole.  All four versions have that small room with the potion that has "Drink Me" on the label.  The White Rabbit is in all four, the book, the original Disney movie, the play, and the 3D movie.  The Mad Hatter does appear in all four of the things I have seen or listened to.  As does the Queen of Hearts, or the Red Queen.  The March Hare is also in all four versions I watched or listened to.  All four versions included the same riddle: When is a raven like a writing desk?  The Red queen always says "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"   Which gets kinda scary.

While there were many things that were the same, there were also many things that were different.  The play and movies have Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, while they are not in the book.  The Mad Hatter does different things in everything I have watched and read. For instance, at the tea party he tells the raven riddle in a different way. In the original Disney movie the Mad Hatter attempts to fix the White Rabbit's watch, he doesn't do that in any of the other versions.  In the 3D movie Alice has to kill a monster called a Jabberwalky.  This does not happen in the versions.

My favorite version is the 3D movie that we saw this week at the IMAX with Nana.  It was my favorite version because the Red Queen seemed a little more scary than the other versions.  The best character was the Mad Hatter because, just like most of the characters Johnny Depp plays, he narrowly escaped death.  My favorite part is when the Mad Hatter says "Do you have any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"  Of all the four I have seen this week, my least favorite version was the play.  It was just too interactive for me.  I prefer watching plays or movies that are not interactive and have less interaction with the audience. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment