Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Avery: Blog Of The Day

 Birthday Bash
By Avery
Hi, I am Lacy Brown. I am sixteen years old and I am going to tell you about my sixteenth birthday bash. It is so fun to listen to. One day I went to the store to pick up some stuff for mom. Right when I got into the door I looked around for some shopping carts. Where are the stupid carts? Mom is going to kill me if I don't make this quick. I thought to myself in a weird way. I ran to the vegetables first and reached for the broccoli, I couldn't get them!
     "Gosh! Why can't I ever reach the up high stuff. I hate being short!", I said to myself
     " Your not that short. You look like your about four feet and seven inches.", said a voice from behind me.
     " Who said that?"
     " Me, Uncle Chris!"
     " Oh... hi! What are you doing here?!"
     " I came to visit you and your family."
     " When I am done shopping could you drive me home?"
     " Sure. Wait a minute... didn't you drive your car to the store?"
     " Oh yeah! I did. Thanks for reminding me."
     I started getting some bread and cookies in the cart. Wow I didn't know he would come and visit me and mom today. I thought he was coming next week. Well who cares, he is here isn't he? I thought to myself.
    " Isn't it your birthday tomorrow?"
    "  GADZOOKS! I forgot all about it! Could you help me pick stuff out for my party? I need to call my mom and tell her that I am going to be home late."
    " Okay."
    I ran very fast to the party store and looked around. I found a little barrel and put it into the little cart.CRASH! BOOM! BANG! The cart fell over on top of me and the barrel rolled over my head and almost gave me a black eye.
     " Ouch, that hurt!"
     Uncle Chris helped me up and walked me to my car. I got in and drove home. I hope that mom remembers that my birthday is today. I also hope that Charlie is going to be good at my party. I know, I am going to ask mom to take Charlie to bed early. That way I can have my party and have fun! By then I was home. I ran inside and turned on the lights.
     "SURPRISE! Happy birthday!", yelled a lot of my friends and family in an excited voice.
     I found out that they secretly planed my party when I was gone. I was so, so happy when I saw everyone there! Later at the party a lady named Lulu Bee gave me a cat. I called him Mister Whiskers. It was the best party ever!
The End

1 comments:

Nana

So much detail...great work...loved the story.

Post a Comment