Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Daddio: 12/8/10 Blog of the Day


For today's blog of the day, I want you to pick one of the following poems and post about it.  You only need to pick one of the poems.  In your post, talk about what happens in the poem.  Also post about what the poem means-- in other words, is there a message or moral that the author is trying to get across by the scene and words used in the poem.


The Desert: by Bill McDonald
Every desert
is but an orphaned beach,
abandoned long ago
by ancient seas.
Thirsty sands
that still dream
of ocean embraces.


I am much like the desert
when we are apart.
My thirsty heart
still dreams of your embrace,
as if I were trying
to reunite my soul,
with something missing
from myself.
 
Deserts Come and Deserts Go: by Phillip Camitses
Is it a desert, only time will tell,
a landscape between heaven and hell.
Every ten thousand years or so,
the ice will come, the ice then will go.

In one place the ocean throws water across the land,
another place flowers beyond numbers to count grow.
In time, only a desert will tell,
the span between heaven and hell.

In the Desert: by Stephen Crane
In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said: "is it good friend?"
"It is bitter - bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

0 comments:

Post a Comment