Thursday, December 9, 2010

Avery: Blog Of The Day

Crazy Camping
By Avery
Hello... I am Josh. I would like to tell you all about my first time camping in Death Vally! It was a hot summer morning in Mt. Shasta, California. I was getting ready to go camping in Death Vally, California. I pack clothes, food, fire wood, marshmallows, a water bottle, boots, my fishing poll, and a few other things. After three hours of packing and putting everything in the car I was off to Death Vally! I drove for eight and a half hours. I would stop a few times to use the restroom and stuff like that. When I got to Death Vally national park I checked in and went to my campsite. I was lucky to have all those trees and shade! It was about 93 degrees outside. I unpacked all my thing and put the tent up. Next I put up the hammock for when I want to be lazy. The last thing I did was put all the food in the cooler. I grabbed my hat and sunglasses. Oh... and don't forget a soda from the cooler. I started hiking. I hiked for an hour or so. I stopped for a few seconds to rest. When I turned around I found HOODOO! I know it sounds like a crazy name but that is what I found! I was huge and shaped like a tree... but it wasn't one. I paced back and forth trying to find out how to climb it. I tried everything, but nothing worked at all. I took a picture and hiked  Some more. After ten more minutes of hiking I found another one! It was even bigger! I was super excited. I took another picture. That is what made the BEST CAMPING TRIP EVER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment