Monday, December 27, 2010

Connor: Doom Chapter 9: Hades' Grudge

Some of the gods came to speak to Hades again.  This time Persephone gave me orders not to allow a god or goddess other than herself and Hades into the underworld.  The gods who stopped by to day were annoying.  Zeus, god of the sky, and Poseidon, the relentless and careless god of the seas, had come to see Hades.  I was ticked off at their presence,  this being because they were the ones who brought about my death.  Zeus gave me a look that said "I am superior to you in every way."  Zeus only pretends to like mortals, I could tell from the frown on his face as he passed by.  The titan that created us exiled and fed eternally to vultures as we are cursed by his brother's girlfriend opening the jar.  Poseidon told me of your travels and how much he hates you.  By insulting you and me Poseidon also insulted the rest of the Greek army.  Perseus, a new guard despite being here before the war, was upset to see Zeus, his godly father, here in the realm.  We tried to hold the gods back, but Zeus flew above us and Poseidon evaporated.  The next thing I knew Hades came towards me and said "Nice try, but nothing will keep Zeus out.  As for Poseidon, He can be stopped by a cauldron over a flame and a simple spell."  with that Hades handed me a scroll with a spell called "Liquidus Reformus." This was sure to turn Poseidon back into water until he vowed to leave and never return.  I dread the coming of the next god to discuss important matters with the master.  My friend you have made such a mistake that it may have doomed my future.  Why did you blind the cyclops, you unruly idiot?  Could you not sail back to your kingdom without running into the big oaf?  Oh, well either way I am doomed.  Poetry time:  "The night is black." Orpheus said in misery. Later he met the king of the dead.  "Sir give me my love and when I die you shall have my head"  "You must never look back" Hades replied as he released Eurydice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment