Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Daddio: 5/5/10 Blog of the Day

I want you to write a haiku poem for today's blog of the day, and it can be about any subject you wish.  The trick for today, though, is to use alliteration in your poem.  Alliteration is a poetic in which the beginning consonant sound is repeated in the words of your poem.  Here's an example of alliteration using the "D" sound:

"Daddio doesn't dally when he drives deftly downtown."

Use this technique for your haiku poem, using a different consonant for each line of the haiku.  You can pick any consonant that is in your first name.  Thus, for my haiku I can use the consonant sounds "K" and "L" (because me real name is Kyle, not Daddio).  Remember that a haiku is three lines and the syllable pattern is 5-7-5.  Here's my haiku:

Little girls like limes.
Little girls like lemons too.
Can Kiki eat those?

0 comments:

Post a Comment