Monday, November 16, 2009

Connor: What I Learned In History

So far I have read about some cool things in history. I learned about P.T. Barnum and his practical jokes. Like one joke he played was on a door he had the words to the egress. People thought an egress was a cool new creature or something like that. It turns out egress is a fancy word for exit, so when people went through the door they had to pay to get back in. I also learned about Mark Twain, but his real name was Samuele Clemens. I learned about all the books made by Mark Twain. I also learned about immigration and the problems people had with it. Immigration is still a problem today because even though immigrants are doing the jobs most of the American people don't want and for a lower price. I learned that at one point in our history some people did not like people who look different and this is still true today. I also learned that The American Party did not like Catholics and people from other countries.

1 comments:

Nana

You and Popo have such a keen interest in history. You should be a history Professor at a college. That seems something you would really be good at and that you would really have fun doing. My grandson the History Prof....something good to brag about to my friends.

Post a Comment