Friday, November 6, 2009

Connor: Birds


This week we studied birds in Adventure Club. I learned a lot about birds. I learned that water birds launch by running on water. I learned about Bald Eagles, like the fact that there may have once been a different species of Bald Eagle besides the White Bald Eagle we see in the United States today. Something else I learned is that you can find an owl by looking at owl pellets on the ground and then looking up. I also learned that owl pellets and owl poop are not the same thing. I learned that the way you can tell what an owl ate is by looking at the pellets. Owls will eat rodents, bats, cats, small birds and snakes. I loved learning about birds.

2 comments:

nana

That does sound very interesting...you did learn tons about birds. Thanks for sharing all of that info with us. You are a good writer and that makes your post very interesting to read. Good job.

Daddio

So what are the pellets? The puke? That's cool.

Post a Comment