Friday, November 27, 2009

Daddio: Giving Thanks.

Faithful blog-readers: you will notice that there has been very few posts on the board this week.  You may specifically notice that there has not been one since Tuesday.  Why?  Because we... were... CAMPING!  (As we do every Thanksgiving.)

I'm not going to post up about everything we did because I figure the little toes can do that.  But let me just say that the weather was ABSOLUTELY perfect for this trip-- It was in the low 60s during the day and not too cold at night.  The first night was just above freezing and the second night was probably about 40 to 43 degrees.  There was no rain and the skies were clear the whole time.  We even had a chance to break out the telescope and look at the moon and Venus-- you could even see Venus' moons.

All the toes had a great time and we didn't have any major breakdowns, which is always good.  Nana and Popo came out to camp with us, as they always do.  And we were even joined by the Weavers for the first two days.  They could only sleep over the one night, but it was great that they made it out.

Did I mention we strung up two hammocks?  Yeah.  Pretty sweet, eh?

Anyhow, it was a really awesome time, and I'm sure that Mommio is going to post up a whole load of pictures.  So let me leave you with these photos of me showing off my magical wolf shirt that Uncle Mike bought me (it has magic powers!) while fighting a forest fire.



1 comments:

Nana

Great time and great pictures...loved the camping...love you

Post a Comment