Sunday, June 13, 2010

Daddio: My New Offices

I just got to Dallas to prepare for my trial and decided to take a short break to post up the pictures of my new offices.  This won't mean much to those who didn't see what the offices looked like before the big remodel, but I thought Mommio and the Toes would enjoy it.

The first big change is the addition of a free-standing wall with the firm's name on it.  When they were building it, we thought it was going to look extremely stupid, but it looked really sharp when it was done.  Aside from now having an office with a window in it, this is my next favorite part of the remodel:

Behind the wall used to be a big file room and then a giant unfinished open space that we didn't use for anything other than storing boxes and old files that needed to be moved to storage.  That space has now been finished out into five offices, a store room and a kitchen.  Here's Gabe standing at the entrance to the new hallway that leads to the new offices (including mine):
But before we get to that, you may be asking yourself what happened to my old office.  Well, because it was the largest office at the time (albeit without a window), it was turned into our new file room/library:
Above, you can see the copier and the fax are in there too.  Here's another row of shelves, and (of course) Gabe is doing some very important legal work:
So now back to the new offices, here's a picture of the newly constructed hall which has the offices, store room and kitchen on both sides of it:
And here's a shot of my new office from the door!  Gabe would have smiled, but he had some very seriously legal-related calls to make.  As you can see, I've already got all my pictures up.
This is a shot of my wall with the door on it (it's to the left out of the picture).  In this shot you can see Gabe evaluating which of my thirty active cases should have some priority action taken on them:
And here's my "family wall" (which is an accent wall in olive green).  I'm extremely happy with my new office.
Okay, Toes-- that's all for now.  I miss you already, and I've only been in Dallas for a couple of hours.  I'll call you every night.  I love you guys.

1 comments:

Nana

Your new office is so great...Gabe did a wonderful job of giving us the 50 cent tour. You must be very important to have an office with a window but my favorite part of your office is of course the family wall. You did a great job of decorating....what a nice place to go to everyday...since you can't stay at home with us. Good job Daddy Toe.

Post a Comment