Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Connor: Festival Park On Roanoke Island

Today we went to Festival Park on Roanoke Island.  I loved learning all about the history of Roanoke  because it is very exciting.  I learned about  Black Beard the pirate.  I learned that the wreckage of his ship is off the coast of Bath, North Carolina.  We saw lots of outside exhibits, one of which  was a recreation of The Queen Elizabeth II ship.  The recreation of the Queen Elizabeth II was  gigantic, full of items, and just totally awesome.  Nana, you would have loved it.  Daddio said that it reminded him of Jamestown.  I can't wait to find out what we will do tomorrow.  

1 comments:

Nana

Blackbeard is your very favorite in the entire world. You must have had the best day ever. I am so happy for you...yea for history.

Post a Comment