Monday, December 21, 2009

Daddio: Getting Better

The hernia healing continues.  Some parts are hurting less and some are hurting worse.  The swelling has gone down a lot, but is still pretty swollen.  The incision still hurts pretty bad, but not as bad as yesterday.

The internal bruising, though, from where they had to shove my intestine back through my stomach wall, has gotten really, really bad.  Like a bruise that goes from must below my waist up to the bottom of my ribs on the right front and side of my torso.  But it's unlike any bruise I've ever had because it's a bruise inside my stomach and there's nothing you can do about it.  You can't stop it from hurting because the pain is triggered by food and water going through my digestive track.  It just hurts.

All in all, though, I feel somewhat better than yesterday.  So all these things are good.  Once again, the following picture has nothing to do with anything I've put in this post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment