Thursday, December 10, 2009

Daddio: Gaming News

I've gotten bored with posting up about with miraculously unimpressive bowling scores (yes- I'm still bowling every week; no- I'm not getting better).  But I'm not giving up on talking about it.  Instead, i want to widen my focus to "Gaming News."  In these updates, I hope to fill everyone in on how we're doing on D&D and other games we may decide we want to play.  I don't have a D&D update right now, because we're taking a break until we go to North Carolina (where we plan to play several marathon sessions), but I'll start trying to give more details and information on our weekly game sessions.

In the meantime, I'd like to talk about a new game I got as an early birthday present: Poo!



We played Poo with the five oldest Toes over Thanksgiving while camping. Basic rundown of the game: you play monkeys at the zoo and throw poo on each other. It is a card game and you can throw different sizes of poo at each other (i.e., Mighty Joe Young poo) and each gives you a different amount of Poo Points. If you reach 15 points, it means you're so covered with Poo that you pass out and are out of the game. Last monkey standing wins. There are also defensive cards-- like ones that let you pull a buddy in front of you and they take the poo points instead of you. There are also special poo cards that have different effects and can effect more than one opponent. There are also Clean cards that let you wash or wipe poo off of you. Finally, there are "event" cards where weird things happen (Poo covers the lights and no one can see anything, the zookeeper shows up with a hose, etc.).

Game play is extremely fast and the rules are super simple to understand. The oldest five played and all understood the game and enjoyed it. The game is great for the Toes because they love the concept and everyone enjoys throwing poo on each other (especially at Daddio). The only drawback to the game is that when it gets down to just two people it gets a bit tedious- like a game of war, but up to that point the game is amazing. We highly recommend this game.

1 comments:

Nana

I watched you play Poo and it was fun for everyone...I liked it a lot. There was so much laughing and everyone understood the rules quickly. I loved watching you guys play this game.

Post a Comment