Friday, February 4, 2011

Marney: Student Of The Week

It was a good week but it was also busy and we had a lot of fun.  This is my list of school and you have to look at all the days to see what I did. I cross things off every time I do one of them.
 Math
When I do my multiplication sheet I always do it different ways.  Sometimes I do it random and sometimes I just do it in order.

I do Teaching Textbooks Grade 5 math.  This week in math I was learning about multiplying by threes and adding and subtracting three digit numbers.

 Where it says "lesson 21" is the day I was on.  I got score 100 and that means I missed none.
 Phonics
When I do phonics and I don't know how to spell a word I look on the other sheets to see if I found them.  Phonics is fun, it is fun when I see these weird pictures where they ask me weird questions.


  Reading
This is my reading comprehension and I was reading The Seasons, it is a myth about how we got seasons.  It was super fun to read because one part that I read was about this guy who stole a girl and brought her to the underworld.  How I answered all the questions is, I told mom them and she does not know what the story is so it is kind of like I tell her about the story.

 I read part of this book for history this week.  It was about a queen in ancient Greece who decided to destroy ships but then she made her own ship and other people wanted to destroy it and she got real mad at them.  She was alive in B.C.
 For fun I read Junie B. Jones Has A Monster Under Her Bed.  It is about this girl who was afraid that she had a monster under her bed and it was really funny.
 I read this book and it is called The Secret Zoo and it is about this girl who gets lost in a zoo.  These three people have to go and find her.
 Grammar
What I do in grammar is I correct sentences, spell words and I do sentences with homophone pairs in them and they have to have those words in it.
Spelling
I do spelling with Gabe and it is fun because I get to write down words and there is practice words and words with patterns in them.

Other Stuff
Music- I have been learning things from recorder and it has been fun so far.  I have been learning stuff like F sharp and I am learning other things like long notes, which are pretty cool.

Cooking- I cooked chocolate bottom cupcakes and they have cream inside them.  I learned that when you are putting vinegar in the thing it makes the baking soda works so that they puff up.
Puppy Sitting- I went to the vet with Franki, Sam and Tina.  They got their shots and they have worms.  Puppies pee a bunch at the vet.  Me and Kiki had to babysit the three puppies at my house when mom was in her room with the two little boys.  They bark like crazy and we played with them in the kitchen and we let them out sometimes.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment