Saturday, September 12, 2009

Daily Girl #54: How The Garden Grows






How The Garden Grows:
Rain, Fall Garden and What's Blooming
By Gabe


We have been getting a lot of rain. It rains sideways here a lot. Our seeds sprouted because we got lots of rain. Today I checked the garden and one zucchini, some lettuce, a bunch of radishes and a bunch of broccoli have sprouted already. Also our jalapeno looks good because of the rain. My row in our garden is the carrot and radish row. That means I have to take care of that row by weeding it. I get to pick the vegetables in that row when they are ready to pick. My three favorite vegetables in our fall garden are carrots, radishes and lettuce. Here is some stuff that's blooming right now at our house: society garlic, pink and yellow roses, crape myrtle, butternut squash flowers, jack o lantern pumpkin flowers, orange honeysuckle, jasmine and portulaca. I like the honeysuckle the best because they have these cool orange flowers.









1 comments:

marney

I love it gabe

Post a Comment