Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Daddio: I'm a Bowling KING!


So today I went bowling again, and I'm doing a bunch of things to improve my technique. The most important thing is to move up to a heavier ball. When I started trying to hook (or spin) the ball, I went down to a light weight, 8 pound, ball. I wanted to just get a feel for it. Last time I moved up to a 10 pounds ball. Well this time I moved up to a 14 pound ball. I'm still not getting the ball to hook as much as I want it to (which means it curves out and then back in right before it gets to the pins), but I was happy.

On my first game, I had a lot of trouble getting used to the ball and bowled a miserable 53. But then I settled down and tried to adjust my technique -- specifically my approach (meaning how I step up to the foul line right before I let go of the ball) and my release. For the second game I bowled a 148! A 148! This is the highest I've bowled since high school!

I was very pleased with myself.

3 comments:

mason

you did an awesome job on bowling

Avery

Are you sure you got 148 pionts?! Because I am super confused.

Connor

Awesome dude.

Post a Comment