Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Daddio: I've Neglected My Duties



There's a million excuses that we can use everyday for why we don't do the things we're supposed to: I was busy; I was traveling; I was sick; important things came up unexpectedly. But really those are all meaningless. I made a commitment to post on this blog for you little toes, and I've been neglecting those duties. In essence, all my excuses are merely that -- excuses. There's no good reason why I can't spend a few minutes on a couple of occasions during the week to post up my thoughts for you kids.

That being said, I apologize. I will begin posting up more and explaining my wonderfully complex observations on life to you on a more regular basis.

For example, I went bowling last week and forgot to report that my hook technique has gotten better with more scores in the 70s and 80s.

Another example, Mason was up sick last night and I stayed up with him until he fell asleep on the couch. Then Connor told me to go to bed and promised to watch over him for me. I thought that was a really mature and cool thing for Connor to do, and I really appreciated that.

A final example, we finally got to watch football this weekend when the Houston Texans hosted the season opener against the New York Jets. Gabe watched the first half before he had to leave to go watch Ponyo with Nana and the other kids in the theater. Even though Houston got their butt kicked and it wasn't even a close game, it was fun to watch football again, and even more fun to see Gabe enjoying it.

That's enough for now. There will be more of this posted regularly in the future.

2 comments:

Avery

I ma sooo glad that you are posting again Dad!

Connor

I think I speak for all of the toes when I say we forgive you.

Post a Comment