Friday, March 11, 2011

Mason: Student Of The Week

My school week went great!
 Joan's Academy
I really had a great time at Joan's Academy.  I really like going there.
Kung Fu- King Fu is my favorite class.  We learn self-defense.  In the video I am doing the eight chain punch.

Film- What we are doing in film is making a movie about demons.  What I do is I play the part of the demon lord.  Also I am the gaffer.  The gaffer sets up the lights.
Lewis and Clark- What we did in Lewis and Clark was we gave three facts about the Indian tribes we were researching.  My tribe was the Mandan.  One thing I learned about the Mandan is that they lived in North Dakota.
Art- In art class we were doing one point perspectives of a room.  Then when we were finished we colored it in.
Science- In science we learned about popcorn.  The experiments that we did, we cooked three different types of popcorn- normal, wet and dry.  The normal popcorn popped better.  The dry popcorn only had one popcorn.
Math
Multiplication- I do multiplication sheets so I can remember times, it helps me.
 Teaching Textbooks Math 5- In my math I am learning how to add whole numbers to fractions and working with decimal points in long multiplication and division.  I really do like doing it.  How I did on it today, I missed one and got  a 95.
 Spanish
In Spanish I am learning to tell time.  I really like it because it helps me understand how to speak Spanish.
 Reading
Reading Comprehension- This week I read Thor's Hammer. It was about how Loki cut off Sif's hair and got the elves to make Sif golden hair. 
 History- I read an article about Queen Nefertiti.  She was the wife of Akhenaten.
 DEAR- For DEAR reading I am reading The Unusual Mind Of Vincent Shadow and I really like reading it.  It is mainly about a kid who makes a lot of weird toys.
 Spelling
In spelling I am working on writing better and learning to spell new sight words.
 Grammar
I really like grammar because it helps me get better at writing.
 Phonics
Explode The Code- I am really doing a great job in my Explode the Code phonics.  I really like it.
 Saxon Phonics Intervention- Phonics Intervention is where me and Mommio sit down and it helps me get better at writing and reading.  I only have 15 lessons left in the book.  After the 15 lessons me and Mommio are going to sit down and read Harry Potter. What this program has taught me to do is basically code words so that I can break them down and be able to read them easier.  I like coding and it really does help me.


 Unit Study
In Unit Study we are studying Norse Mythology.  We are writing our own version of Norse Mythology tales.  I think that my favorite character is Thor.



0 comments:

Post a Comment