Friday, January 22, 2010

Daddio: I'm OKAY!

My hernia repair went really well this morning and I'm already home.  The surgeon said that when he opened me up, he saw that the original stitches just didn't even hold at all. The tissues must have been so inflamed that they didn't stand a chance. He was surprised that my hernia didn't reoccur before it did. With this one, he said the tissue was strong, there was a significant amount of scar tissue (which is good for the stitches holding better) and that the stitches will hold much, much better- so he's optimistic about my chances of not having this recur, but obviously it's still a considerable risk, especially considering it's happened twice already.

I'd post more, but the post-surgery drugs are making it more and more difficult to concentrate properly.  I'll try to post up more horrible gory details tomorrow as the swelling kicks in with full force.

1 comments:

Nana

Glad to have you home...

Post a Comment