Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Avery: Show and Tell

       For my show and tell today I want to talk to you about my love for Christmas!
       Christmas for me isn't just about receiving presents from loved ones and friends (don't get me wrong, I do enjoy that like every other kid).  But for me Christmas means spending time with my family, decorating to the extreme, and food...... lots and lots of food.  One of my favorite feelings I get on Christmas (and I'm not just saying this so you think I'm nice) is the feeling I get when I see how happy someone is when they receive a gift, from anyone really.  I love to see people's Christmas spirit in their faces, it gets me really excited about Christmas and how close it it.
       My all time favorite thing about Christmas would have to be decorating the tree.  It's not on Christmas, but it's close enough.  I enjoy putting up the ornaments and candy canes on the tree.  We always start with the little ornaments and then we put up the breakable ones, then the last part is putting on the candy canes.  It's funny when the kids are putting up candy canes, because they all hide them in the middle of the tree.  All of them.  They aren't really hidden is what they need to learn.  The trick is to put them way up high near the top of the tree if you're trying to hide them.  My favorite ornament is one of the breakable ones. It is a little cookie monster dressed up for winter and he's eating cookies out of a cookie jar.
       This year we are going caroling for the first time.  We have a lot of people from our homeschool group to come with us caroling around my neighborhood.  I plan on dress up, I haven't told Mom about it yet though, but I'm pretty sure she knows now!  I plan on dressing up as much as I can like an elf.  I already have the short part down, now I need to work on the outfit.  After caroling we are going to give the person that answered the door a candy cane with our homeschool group name on it.  I have never been caroling before, so I'm super excited about it.  I've always wanted to go.
       Now onto our giant feast! No joke, we make enough food to feed like five families.  We always cook a lot.  This year we are having turkey for Christmas like we always do.  I have some other ideas for food that we could make.  This year I am helping Nana make Christmas dinner (it's on my bucket list).  I have to talk over it with Nana, but I found a lot of ideas for how to set up the table and how to decorate it.  I want to tell you about it, but I want to leave it a surprise.
       That's all I have to say for now about me and my love for Christmas. Hope you enjoyed reading!

2 comments:

Deanna

Do you have a pinterest board for your ideas? *grin* Be sure to see my Tried It pinterest boards for some recipes and I want to know what dairy free goodies you are making. (my brother is here right now and is Dairy Free, too).
Elf costume - felt shoe covers! google it!!

Avery

I like the felt shoes idea!
I have a board on Christmas stuff on pinterest, if you need some ideas.

Post a Comment