Friday, April 20, 2012

Connor: The Elven Chronicles: Volume 1: To Slay A Murderer: Chapter 2: The Journey Onward

   The man with several heads told us to ask him a question.  We had a group discussion before questioning the strange man.  Heinrich wanted to question him about the strength of various swords, which only he knew.  K. I. wanted to question the man by inquiring of the power of several spells.  Leo had wanted to ask what the color of a typical steed was, but since steeds can have coats of several colors we decided not to ask this.  Finally I asked who the dwarf was in our four person group. One head said "That's the guy with the sword." which was incorrect because K I used magic not swords.  Another head said "Well I'll be darned if it ain't you."  Which was obviously incorrect.  The heads kept spewing incorrect answers until one did use the right one.  The head said "Well it most certainly isn't not the small man with the spell book."  Because the head used a double negative it was technically correct as far as the answer, however by way of grammar he we terribly wrong.
         I said "The head in the center speaks truths, although he does so in bad grammar.  Thus I and my allies must know be allowed to pass."  The man allowed us to pass forward toward the Tyrannical Democracy.  Unfortunately we stumbled across a couple of law enforcement officers from the Never Agreeing Kingdoms.  One officer was a man and the other was a centaur.  I said nonchalantly "What seems to be the problem officers?"  To this they responded by looking back at me as if they didn't comprehend. I said "I mean why did you stop us? Did we do something wrong?"
    The centaur cop said "We got word of someone trying to leave the kingdoms."  I told him that we were going to dethrone the tyrant leader of the Tyrannical Democracy.  The centaur responded with "No.  I mean a fugitive about the size of your dwarf friend broke out of jail.  Last seen inside a tavern talking to a few guys that bear a resemblance to your description."  I asked if we could hear about what this fugitive was arrested for and if he knew any magic.  The centaur said "It was proven that he had been a spy for the Tyrant Witch and knew a large amount of outlawed spells, stuff you wouldn't be taught in any conventional wizards school in the Kingdoms."  Just after that K I attacked the guard with a dagger most likely hidden in his robe pocket.
        After a long and drawn out battle against the cops, caused by K I resisting arrest again.  We discussed the possibility of turning K I over to the police force again.  K I spoke to me for the first time since the journey began.  He said "If you turn me over to the cops I'll kill you.  I'll kill you and everyone in the group if you turn me over!  Just be aware of the consequences of your actions, Elven scumbag."  I stared at the little racist and thought of all the possible ways the town guards might punish him, most satisfying was the possibility of K I's execution.  This was also the most likely punishment for a dual offender, as I know from talking with cops in my hometown.
       My mind started turning over the facts.  K I originally entered the Kingdoms sixty years ago and was arrested forty years ago.  Only ten years after my parents' deaths.  We continued on the path toward the Democracy.  Eventually reaching the first town in the kingdom we learned that the townspeople have it out for the empress as well.
    We traveled on until we reached the castle.  I knocked on the door and was eventually let in by an elf, a slave to the tyrant.  I looked over my fellow elf and saw that he wasn't being treated well.  He had whip marks on his body and cuts on his arms and legs.  This cruelty had to end I swore to myself and to the elf slave.  I walked down the hall, it was covered in elf skulls and elf heads mounted on walls.  I saw a portrait of her.  She was a part dragon and part human.  It was said her parents were the king of the dragons and a human woman.  Her parents were kind to elves, but they were murdered by an elf from my village.  The elf was my ancestor who had founded the town.  He slew the girl's father right before her eyes, ever since she has hated my family and my race.
     We entered the throne room and I saw a beautiful half-dragon sitting on a throne.  She was the empress' daughter.  Her name was Amy and she was kindhearted unlike her cruel witch of a mother.  That was when the Tyrant walked into the room.  The tyrant had a stone cold expression almost the type you'd see on a statue.  I said to her "So we meet at last, murderer.  We both know you had my parents slain for what my great grandfather did.  I don't want this chain of murders to continue, you hear me witch!  We shall end this in a peaceful manner."
   She said "An elf being civil, what an odd sight I might just have your head decorating the mantle above my fireplace.  I trust you're fully aware of my spy/assassin"  I looked back at K I and noticed him smiling.  I told her that I would strike her down if need be.  The fight that would break out would be a deadly one.  One of us would move to the realm beyond.  This concludes my tale for now.

1 comments:

Daddio

What? When are you going to write the rest? You can't leave me hanging like that!

Post a Comment